We are sorry to announce that we have removed Locus Map 4 and Locus Map 3 Classic from the Russian version of Google Play.
On March 10, 2022, in response to Russian aggression in Ukraine, Google Play stopped the distribution of paid apps, subscription purchases, and in-app purchases on the territory of the Russian Federation. Users thus lost the ability to update apps and renew subscriptions for advanced features.
We supported the decision despite losing not negligible revenue as a consequence. And not only that. We also took an action and immediately provided free offline LoMaps of Ukraine and all countries directly affected by the wave of Ukrainian refugees. We hope it helped the people to navigate their way to safety in foreign locations.
Unfortunately, the download limitations and Ukraine-supporting actions resulted in a wave of indignant reactions and a mass downrating of our apps by Russian users. Support staff was bombarded with name-calling, accusations, and insults on a daily basis. In an attempt to prevent it, we removed the most affected Locus Map Classic from Google Play in the spring, but the problem persisted. Moreover, when we heard rumors that Locus Map was abused for totally unacceptable purposes, the decision to remove all our products from the Russian Google Play was finally made.
So what does that mean exactly for our current Russian users?
Using the app:
- It’s not possible to download any version of Locus Map from Google Play Store anymore.
- The app on your smartphone remains installed unless you uninstall it manually.
- You will not get any updates anymore, so the app will stay on the last version available in Russia.
- The free features will remain usable.
In-app purchases and Premium functions:
- It’s not possible to buy LoCoins for Locus Store purchases or activate Premium features
- If you have already had Premium features enabled they will remain available to you until your Premium plan expires.
- After that, you will not be able to renew the Premium
We understand that there are a lot of peace-loving Russian users who don’t approve of what their military is doing. Many of them even risk losing their freedom or jobs by protesting against the war. Moreover, some of them are involved in active resistance against it. If you are one of them, please contact us via our helpdesk private ticket, we can find a solution on how to get you the app update. Each such request will be considered and verified individually.
Otherwise, we’ve been watching the situation closely and we intend to go on acting in accordance with this decision and with the international sanctions.
P. S.: No, we will not redraw state borders on our maps according to “some” opinions. Such requests are ridiculous.Google PlayRussia