Stuck Locus Map Pro initialization, missing geocache listing, impossibility to send offline logs or Locus being killed on new Huawei phones – these are problems upsetting not just many of our users but also us, Locus developers. None of them, however, are caused by our fault. Here we summarize information describing the issues and their possible solutions:
Issue 1: Locus Map Pro initialization stucks
This issue was caused by a faulty version of Google Play application. Locus Map Pro validates its license through it and the process was interrupted.
Update your Google Play to version number 10.7.19. (you can check your version via Google Play store > Menu > Settings > “Build version”). New Google Play app version isn’t still available for all devices but we expect that should be ready for everyone soon.
In case you don’t want to wait for official update there is still following workaround:
- open Android settings > Apps > Google Play
- tap on Disable or Menu > Uninstall updates > submit dialog to set app into Factory state
- open again Google Play store > from Menu > Settings > scroll down and tap on “Build version”
- confirm downloading new version > wait couple minutes and check build version again. It should be 10.06.08 or 10.7.19
- after that restart Locus Map
Issue 2: Missing listing in geocache detail view
A few months ago Groundspeak Inc., company behind Geocaching.com, decided to terminate displaying of listing of geocaches downloaded by Basic members through third party applications.
- Purchase Geocaching.com Premium membership
- Re-login to your account in Geocaching4Locus addon
Issue 3: It is not possible to log in to Geocaching Live services
Groundspeak Inc., provider of Geocaching.com website, has resolved to terminate support of older communication protocols used in Android 4.0.3, 4.0.4., 4.1, 4.2 and 4.4
We succeded to fix this issue for Androids 4.1, 4.2 and 4.4. Unfortunately, Androids 4.0.3. and 4.0.4. are no longer supported.
- update Geocaching4Locus addon
- update to latest Locus Map Free Beta (has the same features as Pro version. Fixed production versions of Free and Pro will be available later. How to become a Beta tester >>)
Issue 4: Locus Map killed, losing GPS signal or unable to record tracks on Huawei/Honor devices running Android 7 or 8+
Huawei/Honor devices are put into some deep sleep mode after some time and all GPS-dependent apps running on background (i.e. not only Locus Map) are inhibited or terminated.
As the issue is caused by Huawei system (EMUI) error (being now solved by Huawei and Google Services developers), it is now not possible to keep Locus Map stable on these devices.
- The only solution (so far) is using a custom ROM